In the spirit of transparency, we wanted to let you know that we moderate your comments. This is not to censor what you want to say, rather to be certain that what you say is on topic and not offensive. We will keep track of how many posts are deleted during moderation and will actually even save them in case someone really wants to see what we are up to.
While we’re on the subject of deleted posts, it’s important to know why we do delete some posts. It all breaks down to the following reasons:
- Profanity and vulgar language (Please, children may read this blog)
- Personal attacks of any kind or offensive terms that target specific ethnic or racial groups
- Promotes services or products (non-commercial links that are relevant to the blog post or comment are acceptable)
- Are far off-topic
- Makes unsupported accusations
- Long embedded url strings (only because it messes up the format of the blog)
- Threats (enough said on this one, just be nice)
- Duplicate posts (hitting submit 7 times won’t make the comment appear any faster)
- Off-topic comments (and since we can’t tell which topic a comment goes under when we moderate, we mean REALLY off topic)
Other than that, all’s fair in love and blogging.