By: Marine Debris Program staff
We’ve pulled together a few lucky tips for you to Go Green this Saint Patrick’s Day:
- Check “going green” resolutions of New Years’ past and take steps to make those a reality, whether that be ‘try composting’ or ‘always bring reusable bags to the market.’
- Don’t forget to recycle anything you cannot re-purpose. (Be creative, challenge yourself to reuse it before you toss it in the bin.)
- Spring Cleaning: Don’t get swept up in ‘out with the old and in with the new.’
- Use an old rag or t-shirt to wipe and dust around the house.
- Donate clothes rather than tossing them in the trash.
Ask questions: Where will what you buy eventually land? If an item will wind up in the trash, is there an alternative?
Happy Green Saint Patrick’s Day from the Marine Debris Program!